Block Work Experience
This is offered to all year 10 pupils.
- A week's work experience is offered to year 10s in July each year
- Students are able to choose placements from a local database or through their own contacts
- All placements are externally approved for their suitability
- Pupils are visited once during the week to monitor their progress and solve any issues
- Pupils keep a work experience diary during the week which is signed off by the employer and school
- Early in year 11 (October or November)
- All year 11 pupils visit Bridgwater College and Strode College for the day
- Pupils attend lessons on their chosen subjects
- They are given a tour of the college
- This gives pupils a good insight into college life
- Some pupils change their minds completely after the taster day
In years 10 and 11, pupils have an appointment with Mrs Creed, an independant and impartial careers adviser who comes into school twice a week. Pupils in other years can request an appointment with her.
Last Updated: September 2017